Balance of Plant (BoP) Contract - Engineering, design, construction and installation of civil and electrical infrastructure at Heysham South Wind Farm, Lancashire.
The wind farm comprises three 125m Nordex N100 wind turbines and has a combined total of up to 7.5MW installed capacity.
CHC acted as Principal Contractor throughout the Balance of Plant (BoP) works and also during the delivery, erection and commissioning of the Nordex Wind Turbine Generator System (WTGS).
- Construction of a single storey exterior clad 55m2 control building/substation, including rain water harvesting and septic tanks, high voltage and low voltage electrical infrastructure and transformer housing
- Construction of two entrances off the A683 to S278 standards
- Off-site improvement works to enable turbine components to be delivered from Heysham Port
- Geogrid reinforced access road construction, totalling 1.5km, to the WTGs
- Crane pad construction
- Installation of met mast base and erection of tower
- High voltage power cable, earthing and fibre optic cable installation and testing
- Compaction and quality testing, including Californian Bearing Ratio (CBR), concrete compressive strength and earthing conductivity testing
- Compliance with planning conditions and Section 98 agreements relating to the site
- Fencing installation, both temporary during construction operations and permanent
- Landscaping and seeding of the work area upon completion of WTG construction
The wind farm became operational in April 2015.
Please visit http://www.banksgroup.co.uk/heysham-south/scheme-details/ for further information.