Location: Head Office - Bury
Role: The Quantity Surveyor will assist in the day to day financial management of allocated contracts, including procurement, monitoring and payment of nominated subcontractors. You will join an established team of Quantity Surveyors and report to the Commercial Manager.
Responsibilities would include:
- Managing monthly cost reports, as well as forecasting cost and value accurately from commencement of a project through to completion of the project on a daily, weekly and monthly basis
- Submission of interim and final valuations promptly
- Review contract progress and be proactive in addressing issues, including the issuing of relevant notices as required
- Review all issues including providing solutions, costs and advice to ensure successful project completion
- Ensure cash flow is maintained and provide early forecasting of any short fall
- The procurement, placement of orders, payment, monitoring and review of subcontractors
- Agreeing final accounts with clients and subcontractors
Skills/Experience: The successful applicant will be an experienced Quantity Surveyor who is commercially aware and contractually astute. They will be conversant in the NEC Suite of Contracts; FIDIC, ICC and JCT contracts.
They will also be an excellent team player who is capable of working individually with a demonstrable track record of successful commercial management of civil engineering projects including major earthworks and Balance of Plant for onshore wind farms.
Benefits: Pension, generous holidays, private healthcare, car allowance or company car.
How to Apply: Please send your CV with covering letter to email@example.com or Ms. C Chamberlain, HR Manager, Cheetham Hill Construction Ltd, Woodhill Road, Bury, Lancs, BL8 1AR.